Project Name: Collation Of UK Training Provision
Project Lead Name: Martin Simpson
Project Stream: Upskilling
Pathfinder project to collate the current level of UK Training Provision with respect to BIM and Digital Transformation in the Built Environment.
There are different levels of training provision:
- In-person or on-line training against assessment against a published learning outcomes.
These are usually provided by commercial organisations (eg BRE/RICS) or HEI (eg MSc BIM & Integrated Design at University of Salford)
- In-person or on-line training with a formal agenda but without assessment.
These can include BIM Conferences, CPD events, webinars
- Personal learning against a personally recognised requirement (eg reading around a subject area, or youtube videos on specific issues)
The above can fall into two further categories:
- BIM Theory & Process
- BIM authoring or other BIM related software
This project aims to compile and collate the level of training around BIM Level 2 to:
- Identify gaps in training provision
- Identify areas of 'mixed message' which could lead to confusion and constrain upskilling agenda
- Develop strategy with current training providers for rapid and widescale dissemination (ie to reach the 2million people) against targeted need
Project will require following stages:
- Develop on-line form/survey to collate necessary information
- Discuss with signatory institutions whether the CPD records of members holds this data and whether we can get access (through data protection laws)
- Request from signatory institutions, regions and companies to deploy amongst their staff
- Provide a high-level report on the findings